Ramganga – (D*T) (Ganga bondam*West coast tall).
The Ramganga hybrid variety is the perfect solution for farmers aspiring to develop a farm in which their coconut trees should deliver high nuts per palm, sweet tender coconuts, high quality copra and high yields of coconut oil.
1. Ideal hybrid for the purpose of commercial coconut farming.
2. First flowering starts anywhere between 24-30 months of planting. This makes it early yielder.
3. When harvested for tender coconuts, it produces 275-350 nuts per year. We have farmers who have reported more than 400 nuts per year.(contact no of the farmers available on request).
4. If not for tender coconut, it can yield up to 250-300 nuts per year per tree.
5. Tender coconut contains 500-750 ml of coconut water.
6. Copra content will be around 16-18 kgs for 100 nuts.
1. The sweetest coconut water in any hybrid variety available in India. This means more rates to the farmer when supplying it direct to the customer. Your most welcome to taste and judge for yorself!
2. The growth of Ramganga is considerably low compared to that of other hybrid verities. This makes it easy for harvest, which is the biggest headache for farmers today!
3. The branches are so dense that the farmers have to spend less time in bunch tying.